Friday, June 4, 2010

Something Touched Me Today



Metaphorically, that is. (Huh?)

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were interviewing Tony Coleman, the director of a new documentary that's all about the ukulele. And he said something very sweet and sad that I could appreciate:

"For centuries, music was an integral part of our lives. All of us played music or knew someone who did. Then, at the beginning of the 20th century, the record player came along and all of a sudden we weren't good enough. We were encouraged to listen, to be passive listeners. And I think that we lost something very fundamental to our souls: making music together."

-Tony Coleman (Director of The Mighty Uke: The Amazing Comeback of a Musical Underdog)

I felt a little sad and sentimental-like about this very true statement, although some people may have been less-than-encouraging over the years in my own musical endeavors...

tootdanshan
"TOOT!"

Anyways, here is a lovely little song you may have heard before that was featured on the radio segment this morning. I MIGHT HAVE shed a little tear!



*No I will not apologize for the cheesiness of this video*

C'mon, Iz so cute!



And don't worry, I'll be back to my non-serious-feelings-cat/snack-related blog posts soon.



<3 Dan

No comments: